Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Stormy Weather

It's been a week of one storm after another here in the Midwest.  I have been spending a lot of time in our basement waiting for the storms to pass.  Unfortunately my sister in law and her family live in the tornado decimated town of Joplin.  We haven't gotten many messages from them, but we do know that they are all safe which is a blessing.  As I understand it their house is very damaged, but still technically standing.  They've managed to get a away from town to get some space from the disaster.  Living without water and electricity isn't fun for long periods of time. I think we were hoping that they would come up to St. Louis to stay with family for a while because it won't be real until we can see that they are okay. But I know they can't go to far because there is a lot of paper work and phone calls that need to be made. 

In other news it's getting down to crunch time in my second quarter of grad school.  What I really need to be doing tonight is working on my research paper about infectious disease reporting, but crocheting spring flowers and watching baseball is so much more enjoyable.  *Sigh* back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment